Pages

Saturday, March 6, 2021

Starlink Satellite Map

 

Check out the Live Starlink Satellite Map!  

What I like about this map is you can place in your coordinates, and ask the site to remember you.  Each time you visit the site you can watch where the Starlink Satellites are around you.


The first thing you want to do if you are like me, and had NO idea what your coordinates were in the first place?  Start with your location on google maps.


I use google maps in my car for directions from time to time, and so I have my home already noted on the maps application.


Since I use the same sign in for my phone and desktop computer I basically went to the maps app in the suites available to you, and found my home location that I had set.

As you can see on the screen I have the blue home button on the map.  Click on it - right click - and your coordinates should come up like mine did in this picture.  I did black out part of my coordinates, and everyplace will have a unique set of numbers for where you are located.  

What I did was write them down, and don't neglect the negative side in the coordinates.






Now, On the Starlink Satellite Map website look towards the top of the screen, and you will see a couple of options in a menu.


I circled in red where you click on this website to set your coordinates (location).



I marked in red the two areas in which you place your coordinates above.  Remember not to forget to enter the negative (-) symbol where needed.  Click save, and your done.  You can play with the other options of course, but I don't.  I just want to see the Starlink Satellites that are around my location.

Once you hit save my screen fluttered for a moment, and then zoomed in on my area.  




The green dot is my location, and it shows (if I had SpaceX Starlink Broadband) what Satellites I might be connecting with as they fly around the globe.  If you watch them for a while?  I have noticed with my location I can have red lines on two Starlink Satellites before one moves out of range, and the second one takes over.


Towards the bottom of this website you will see the word 'key', and when you click on that?  It basically explains many of symbols, etc you see on the website.



Play with the Live Starlink Satellite Map for a while!  I'm hoping my dread when it comes to rural broadband finally comes to a happy ending soon once I get invited.

No comments:

Post a Comment